AmeriCU is a non-for-profit credit union owned by members like you. We offer the same traditional products and services as a bank (plus investment, insurance and financial planning) – but with low or no fees, and better rates. Founded in 1950, today AmeriCU has grown to more than 100,000 members and nearly $1.3 billion in assets. We operate 18 full-service Financial Centers in Central and Northern New York.
- We put our members first, and it shows; our staff consistently achieves the highest marks for satisfaction in the industry.
- With our unique MemberPlus program, the more you do with AmeriCU, the more benefits you receive as a member - lower fees, lower rates on lending products, and higher rates on deposit products.
- We also invest in the latest technology to give members 24/7 access to all their AmeriCU accounts, products, and services – anywhere in the world, anytime they wish!
- With roots on Griffiss Air Force Base and Fort Drum, AmeriCU understands the needs of the Armed Forces; we offer special products and services for members of the military and their families.
- AmeriCU also offers a complete line of Select Business Services designed for small to mid-size businesses including: checking and merchant services; loans, lines of credit and credit cards; commercial insurances; and employee benefits and retirement plans.
- AmeriCU's deposits are insured by the NCUA Share Insurance Fund.
Not a member? Not a problem! Open an AmeriCU account with just $5 if you live, work, worship, or attend school in Central or Northern New York. Just call or stop by any of our 18 offices, and you’ll see that we treat you like a member, not a number. After all, that is our goal: to deliver such exceptional, personalized service that you wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else for your financial services! Join today!