Frequently Asked Questions
Account Number Information
Please provide your 10-digit account number. (ex. 0000111222) when accessing your account at one of our financial centers or when contacting our Call Center.
When initiating an automated "ACH" payment from your account or setting up a direct deposit into your AmeriCU account, please provide the AmeriCU Routing Number (221 375 802) as well as your account number to the company that will be originating the ACH withdrawal.
Account Number Formats for ACH withdrawals or Direct Deposit:
- If either (1) the ACH payment will be coming from or (2) your direct deposit is going into your Savings Account, you must provide a 12-digit account number, which includes your ten-digit account number plus your two-digit Share ID.
- If either (1) the ACH payment will be coming from or (2) your direct deposit is going into your Checking Account, you must provide a 14-digit account number, which will include the ten-digit account number, two-digit Share ID, and check digits. (This information can be found at the bottom of one if your personal checks.)
Verified by Visa
- What is Verified by Visa (VbV)?
Verified by Visa protects your Visa cards against unauthorized use on the Internet. It verifies your identity when you use a Visa card for an online purchase at a Participating Merchant. You first need to activate and create a password. Once done, you'll be asked to enter your password each time you initiate a purchase at a participating Merchant.
- Every time I shop at my favorite web site, the Merchant presents a page asking me for personal information. I called the Merchant and they refer me back to my financial institution. Why are you asking me all of this personal information?
Your Visa card has NOT yet been activated for Verified by Visa ----a FREE service offered by AmeriCU. Verified by Visa (VbV) protects your Visa card against unauthorized use on the internet. We are asking you this information to verify your identity and activate your account. When you activate your account at the Merchant, the Merchant does NOT have access to any of the personal information you are submitting. The information is shared between you and AmeriCU only.
- Do I have to use it at all Internet sites?
You will only be presented with a Verified by Visa (VbV) page when you are shopping at participating Merchant locations.
- I forgot my password. What do I do now?
Please go to visa.com/verified and re-enter your information. Please follow the instructions and select a new password. You will be able to make purchases using the new password now.
- I used my Verified by Visa password and completed the transaction, but you still declined my card. Why?
Even though you did authenticate yourself through Verified by Visa, the transaction still needs to be authorized to ensure that your account is in good standing and can be used for this purchase.
- What if I don't want to use Verified by Visa?
If you don't want to use Verified by Visa, you will NOT be able to finalize the online transaction using your AmeriCU card. You will need to call the company to do the transaction over the phone.
- Why can't I use Verified by Visa for transactions placed over the telephone?
Because this is a program created for ONLINE security. When a member keys in their card number during a checkout process with a participating merchant, their identity is recognized by their card number and their password is confirmed through VISA. This is all transparent to the member.
- Does the cardholder have to pay for Verified by Visa?
No. This is FREE to the cardholder.
- What happens when my Visa card expires?
As long as the card number does not change, there is no reason to activate again. Everything is still valid.
- What happens if cardholders cancel or lose their VISA card and then get a new one with a different account number?
PSCU will transfer the password to the new account.
- My Verified by Visa account information has changed. How do I update it?
Please re-enroll in VbV using your new account information. You can do that by visiting visa.com/verified.
- There are two authorized signers on the SAME card number. How does Verified by Visa work for this?
Once Verified by Visa is activated on a Visa account, each cardholder on the account will use their OWN personal password to shop at participating online stores.
- Does the cardholder need to apply for a new card to use VbV?
No. All existing AmeriCU credit and debit cards are enabled for VbV.
- Why must a cardholder supply personal information during registration?
The personal information supplied is used, as a security measure to make sure it is the real cardholder. The information supplied is verified against the data stored in the cardholder file.
- What is the Signature Panel Code?
The Signature Panel Code is the last three digits printed in the signature area on the back of a Visa card.
- Can the Credit Union reset the password?
No. We recommend that the cardholder re-enroll in the program and create another password for their AmeriCU card.
- Can cardholders use their Debit Card Pin as their password?
No. You must select a password between 6-10 characters, which includes at least one number and one letter.
- What is a Personal Assurance Message?
Another security measure that is utilized to protect cardholders. Cardholders will see this message at the time of purchase when a password is requested. This is a guarantee that the cardholders are actually dealing with a participating merchant and not an impersonator.