To help ensure the safety and health of our members, employees, and community, AmeriCU continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. Continue to refer to this page for the most up-to-date information.
Effective Monday, June 7, 2021: AmeriCU employees who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask while in the presence of members. This remains within the guidelines set forth by the CDC and NYS. For questions, please call 800.388.2000.
Effective May 19, 2021: In keeping with NYS guidelines for fully vaccinated people, AmeriCU members who are fully vaccinated may conduct business without a mask at any AmeriCU location. Please note that these guidelines are dependent on an honor system that relies on unvaccinated people keeping their masks on in public. To be considered fully vaccinated, 14 days must pass from your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days from your Johnson & Johnson shot. Not vaccinated? We kindly ask our members who are not fully vaccinated to please continue wearing a mask while conducting business at any AmeriCU location. For your convenience, masks are available at the Greeter’s desk if you need one. As a courtesy, AmeriCU staff will continue to wear masks around our members.
May 3, 2021: Our Armory Square Financial Center is now fully open.
April 26, 2021: Our Griffiss Financial Center is now fully open.
April 23, 2021: For the safety of our members and employees, the Griffiss Financial Center is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. We will re-open as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact our Member Service Center at 1.800.388.2000.
March 15, 2021: The federal government’s Economic Impact Payments, or stimulus payments, are scheduled to be issued by the US Treasury this week. It’s important to keep in mind that not all payments will be received during this first week and some may see their stimulus payment over the course of the next several weeks. The time-frame will be dependent on how you filed your latest tax return.
No matter how you will be receiving your stimulus payment, AmeriCU is here to assist you:
- Direct Deposits: starting the week of March 15, 2021 – If you filed a recent tax return and opted to receive direct deposit, the account information you provided will be used to automatically deposit your stimulus payment.
Please use AmeriCU’s Online and Mobile banking app to monitor your accounts for this payment and view any pending deposits. Online and Mobile banking are available 24/7 at www.americu.org or by downloading our free* mobile banking app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Check Payments: The IRS will send paper checks to individuals who did not provide direct deposit information while filing their most recent tax return.
AmeriCU offers a variety of ways to deposit your paper check:
o Drive-Thrus are open during normal business hours
o Big Blue Kiosks are available at every Financial Center
o Mobile Deposit is available on our Mobile Banking app
- Non-filers: If you did not file taxes with the IRS, you will need to enter your payment information through the IRS website. Click here to learn more.
If you did not receive your stimulus payment, please visit the IRS website to check your eligibility and payment status.
For more information on the Economic Impact Payments please visit www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center
We are happy to assist you in any way we can. To avoid extended wait times when calling our Member Service Center, we encourage you to visit our website [link to : www.americu.org/covid-19] or stop by one of our Financial Centers.
*Data carrier rates may apply.
March 15, 2021: Our Armory Square Financial Center is now open. Member Relationship Advisor services are available by appointment or walk-in. Teller services will no longer be available at this location.
February 22, 2021: All AmeriCU Financial Centers are now fully open with normal business hours with the exception of Armory Square, which will remain temporarily closed. On Saturdays, teller services are available through the drive up only.
December 31, 2020: The federal government has begun issuing the second round of Economic Impact Payments, or stimulus payments. If you opted for direct deposit on your recent tax returns, the account information you provided the IRS will be used to process your payment. It will be direct deposited into your AmeriCU account once received from the federal government. AmeriCU’s Online and Mobile banking app can be used to monitor your accounts for this payment and view any pending deposits. Online and Mobile banking are available 24/7 at www.americu.org or by downloading our free* mobile banking app from the App Store or Google Play. The U.S. government is issuing the payments over the next several weeks, so not everyone will receive them right away. Visit the IRS website to check your payment status or visit IRS FAQs for more information. If you need further assistance, our Member Service Center is available by phone to assist you and answer any questions you may have at 800.388.2000.
Paycheck Protection Program
As of May 4, 2021, the SBA is no longer accepting applications for the Paycheck Protection Program. For detailed information please visit https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp.
Mortgage and Home Equity Relief
As part of a newly-enacted New York State law, AmeriCU began taking applications on August 14 for members impacted by COVID-19 that seek mortgage and home equity relief. If you have any questions or concerns, call us toll free at (800) 388-2000 or (315) 356-3111.
The following options for mortgage and home equity relief may be available to you:
Forbearance of all monthly payments due with respect to the mortgage secured by the qualified member’s primary residence in New York State for a period of up to 180 days, with the option to extend the forbearance of such monthly payments for up to an additional 180 days provided that the extension is subject to the member demonstrating continued financial hardship. After the forbearance period ends, you will be required to address the suspended payments through the following options:
- member shall have the option to extend the term of the loan for the length of the period of forbearance (AmeriCU Credit Union is not permitted to charge additional interest or any late fees or penalties on the forborne payment); or
- member shall have the option to have the arrears accumulated during the forbearance period payable on a monthly basis for the remaining term of the loan without being subject to penalties or late fees incurred as a result of the forbearance; or
- member shall have the option to negotiate a loan modification or any other option that meets the changed circumstances of the qualified mortgagor; or
- if the member and AmeriCU Credit Union cannot reasonably agree on a mutually acceptable loan modification, the credit union must offer to defer arrears accumulated during the forbearance period as a non-interest bearing balloon loan payable at the maturity of the loan, or at the time the loan is satisfied through a refinance or sale of the property (any late fees accumulated as a result of the forbearance must be waived).
Financial Center Access
Financial Centers Fully Open – Teller lines closed on Saturdays
- Armory Square Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6209 (no drive thru at this location)
- Auburn Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6300
- Camillus Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6340
- Cazenovia Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6360 (no drive thru at this location)
- Cicero Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6109
- Commercial Drive Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6269
- Cortland Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6420 (no drive thru at this location)
- Fayetteville Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6170
- Fort Drum Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6070
- Griffiss Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 3512
- Herkimer Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6009 (no drive thru at this location)
- Liverpool Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6020
- Lowville Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6056 (no drive thru at this location)
- North Utica Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6209
- Oneida Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 3124
- Onondaga Hill Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6380
- Rome Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 3124
- Syracuse Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6220
- Watertown Financial Center – 1.800.388.2000 ext. 6320
Online + Mobile Banking
To help you reduce your risk of exposure to COVID-19, we would like to remind you of the many ways you can manage your money from home with AmeriCU’s online and mobile banking services. We also encourage you to use ATMs, kiosks, and drive-thru services as much as possible.
Log onto your online banking account at www.americu.org, where you can:
- Access your checking, savings, credit card, and loan accounts;
- Make loan payments or transfers;
- Check pending debit card transactions;
- Pay bills;
- Send money to other people or financial institutions.
- View account balances;
- View recent transactions;
- Transfer money between your shares;
- Pay bills;
- Make loan payments;
- Deposit checks – just by taking a picture;
- Find an ATM near you.
You can also apply for a loan or open a new deposit product through our online application at www.americu.org.
Or, our Member Service Center is available by phone to assist you and answer any questions you may have – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at 800.388.2000.
Big Blue Kiosks
AmeriCU members can perform most routine transactions at our Big Blue kiosks available in Financial Center lobbies – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! You can make deposits, take out cash, check account balances, make loan payments, print Official Checks, change address information, print mini-statements, and more.
For the health and safety of our members and employees, AmeriCU is following all cleaning and sanitizing procedures as recommended by the CDC and will continue to follow and enforce the following guidelines:
- Face masks are required at all times
- Maintain social distancing by staying 6 feet apart
- Follow all signage and floor markers throughout the Financial Centers
- Photo ID will be required for positive identification prior to performing account transactions. Members will be asked to temporarily lower their face masks.
- Stand in front of the germ shields located at the front desk, teller lines, and offices
- Waiting areas will be closed off and members may be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle
- Capacity within the Financial Centers will be limited and closely monitored to ensure there is enough room for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Financial Centers
Please do not visit one of our financial centers if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Fever Cough
- Shortness of breath
- Any cold or flu symptoms.
For assistance over the phone, please call our Member Service Center at 1.800.388.2000