Our Operation FreedomLink package is especially for members of the military. It is designed so that you can manage all your routine banking from anywhere in the world. Wherever your orders take you, we’ll be there!
Operation FreedomLink Checking
Basic checking with NO fees, NO monthly service charges, NO minimum balance requirements, NO per check fees, FREE direct deposit, UNLIMITED check writing, check safekeeping, and available Member Privilege overdraft protection.
VISA® Check / Debit Card
Use your card at ATMs worldwide to make transactions and access account information. Plus, you can make purchases wherever the VISA® symbol is displayed. But it’s not a credit card; the amount of each purchase is deducted from your checking account , and every transaction will appear in detail on your monthly statement. You can also use your card at any ATM or Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal displaying the NYCE®, CIRRUS®, PLUS, AFFN®,VISA® or MasterCard®, Discover, Quest, Co-Op Network ATM network symbols. (Possible surcharge and transaction fees could apply.) All transactions made at any of AmeriCU’s 100's of ATMs are service charge-FREE. With this account, you'll enjoy $10 in ATM surcharge refunds each month for transactions outside of NY.
Operation FreedomLink Platinum VISA® Credit Card
CU Rewards - Use your AmeriCU FreedomLink VISA® to purchase goods and services, or for balance transfers, and you’ll earn one point for every net dollar. Each month, your statement details your point activity. You can use your points for travel awards or name brand merchandise.
- Automatic travel accident insurance up to $1,000,000.
- No annual fee and high credit lines from $5,000 up to $40,000
- Low Annual Percentage Rate.
NOTE: How We Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called “average daily balance (excluding new purchases).” Effective Date: The information about the costs of the card is accurate as of March 1, 2012. This information may have changed after that date. To find out what may have changed, contact us at 1.800.388.2000.
24/7 Remote Banking Services
At AmeriCU, we continue to invest in the latest technology so our members can do their banking or communicate with us anytime they’d like, from anywhere in the world:
- FREE 24/7 Member Call Center – Our Member Call Center is staffed round the clock with friendly, knowledgeable, experienced staff who are ready to answer your questions, help you complete a transaction or apply for a loan. Call 1.800.388.2000.
- FREE Online Banking – With AmeriCU’s secure Online Banking; you can get up-to-the minute account information, transfer funds, determine what checks have cleared, make loan payments, reconcile your accounts, check your mortgage and credit cards and more. If you choose online banking with FREE e-statements and email alerts, you can say goodbye to paper altogether!
- FREE Online Bill Payment – Pay bills from your checking account to virtually any payee you choose – utilities, taxes, credit cards, loans, mortgages or even your childcare provider. You can also schedule future or recurring payments and export financial information into Quicken or Microsoft Money.
- FREE e-Statements - Access a monthly summary of your account information online, anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Eliminate unwanted paper and mail delays.
- FREE Mobile Banking – With AmeriCU’s GoMobile mobile banking service (with FREE apps for iPhone and Android), you can check account balances, confirm transactions, transfer funds, pay bills, view debit card holds, use myDeposit to deposit checks, complete bank-to-bank transfers and locate AmeriCU’s nearest branch or ATM – right from your smartphone.
- FREE myVault Personal Financial Management Tool - With myVault, you can aggregate all your accounts from other financial institutions so you can better manage your finances with budgeting and savings tools, calculators, calendars and more. It is available FREE with Online Banking.
- FREE myDeposit Online Deposit Service – Make deposits online with our unique myDeposit service. Eligible members can enter checks online up to $1,500 (depending on your 30-day average balance) for instant deposit into a checking or savings account. You then just endorse and mail the check(s) to AmeriCU within 10 calendar days. We receive the deposit, confirm that the deposit is correct and complete the transaction. Certain restrictions apply.
- FREE Shared Service Centers – AmeriCU is among the 4,500+ credit unions that form a national network of Credit Union Service Centers. It’s a cooperative effort called “shared branching” that enables our members to make deposits, withdrawals, balance inquiries, transfer money between accounts, cash checks, buy money orders and even apply for a loan at any participating credit union location. This includes access to the CO-OP Network, providing surchage free ATM access.
- FREE TeleLink Automated Member Service Line – Members can call TeleLink at 800.232.4330 anytime to check account balances, see if checks have cleared, transfer funds, make loan payments and more. All you need is a telephone and your personal TeleLink access code.
- FREE payPeople Person-to-Person Payment Service - Members may securely pay or receive payment from any individual with an account at ANY financial institution. You may request a payment from anyone or make fast, convenient payments anytime from your AmeriCU account using payPeople!
FREE Financial Planning
To begin saving for the future with confidence, schedule a FREE private consultation to discuss your financial plans with one of our Member Financial Advisors when you open your account. We can help you define your life goals, establish the right financial plan, provide customized strategies focused on your needs, and help you stay on track.
* Investment Products and Services offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), an independent broker dealer, are not NCUA/NCUSIF, not credit union guaranteed, and may lose value. Investment Representatives are employed by AmeriCU Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of AmeriCU Credit Union, and registered through CFS. (Member FINRA/SIPC).
Military Saves Program
AmeriCU participates in the "Military Saves" program, which encourages the military community to meet immediate needs and build long-term wealth through saving and debt reduction. It is a national campaign to persuade, motivate, and encourage military families to save money every month, and to convince leaders and organizations to be aggressive in promoting automatic savings. Military Saves is a campaign to make every military community a supportive environment and AmeriCU is proud to take an active role in this program.