We’ve Got You Covered!
Businesses need insurance for the same reasons that people do: to manage the risk of misfortunes and catastrophes that negatively affect your business. AmeriCU offers all types of commercial insurances, including:
- Property Insurance – insures against loss or damage to land and buildings (owned, leased or rented) as well as its contents. It can also insure the property of others in your control when the loss occurs. Some property insurance is for a specific risk, such as fire or flood.
- Casualty Insurance – protects against legal liability for losses caused by injury to other people or damage to the property of others.
- Liability Insurance – insures against liability legally imposed upon your business because of the negligence of the business or its employees.
- Commercial Auto – personal vehicle policies do NOT cover vehicles used by your business. If your business uses vehicles (or anything that is required to be titled by New York State) then you need a commercial policy to insure against property damage to vehicles and damage caused to others by those vehicles.
- Workers’ Compensation – a system where the employee is not allowed by statute to sue their employer for on-the-job injuries; but, in return, the employer must participate in a system that provides nearly automatic payment to the employee in case of injury for medical bills and damages.
- Business Interruption Insurance – insures against loss or damage to the cash flow and profit of a business caused by the business being unable to operate because of interruption, such as damage to key equipment.
- Health Insurance – offers a health coverage benefit to your employees (and you).
- Life and Disability – protects against the death or disability of key employees.
- “Scripted” Policies – policies written specifically for your particular risk that is not covered or only partially covered by the above insurances.
At AmeriCU, our philosophy is to be your partner and help you determine your needs and risks, attain coverages to ensure that you and your business are protected and for the best pricing available. And as an AmeriCU member, you can earn possible discounts and credits from leaders in the industry – names like Travelers, Kemper, Metropolitan, Utica National, and New York Central Mutual. Our procedures include:
- Thorough review of each members’ individual insurance needs.
- Comprehensive comparison of rates and coverages
- Follow-up review and explanation.
- Prompt service and claims handling directly with the company.
- Convenient billing options.
Email, stop by any AmeriCU Financial Center or call 1.800.352.9699 to learn more about how you could benefit from a consultation by one of our experienced, licensed commercial agents.
* AmeriCU Services, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of AmeriCU Credit Union. Products are not insured by the NCUA.