OFFICIAL RULES – 2020 Lights on the Lake Contests
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. 2020 Lights on the Lake Contest consists of a Facebook-only sweepstakes (the “Promotion”). The Promotion begins on 12/9/20 at 9:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 12/16/20 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Promotion Period”).
A. Lights on the Lake Contest #1 begins on 12/9/20 at 9:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 12/9/20 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Promotion Period”).
B. Lights on the Lake Contest #2 begins on 12/16/20 at 9:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 12/16/20 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to those who sign up at the Official AmeriCU Facebook page, are legal residents of New York State, and are twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
3. Employees of AmeriCU Credit Union, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, participating retailers, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
4. TO ENTER 2020 LIGHTS ON THE LAKE CONTEST:
A. Lights on the Lake Contest #1: During the Promotion Period, 1) ‘like the AmeriCU Facebook page (facebook.com/americu), 2) ‘Like’ the 2020 Lights on the Lake Contest post 3) Comment a favorite holiday movie. Registration is free. Contestants must enter by 12/9/20 at 11:59:59 PM (ET). Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per member for the Promotion Period.
B. Lights on the Lake Contest #2: During the Promotion Period, 1) ‘Like’ the AmeriCU Facebook page (facebook.com/americu), 2) ‘Like’ the 2020 Lights on the Lake Contest post 3) Comment a favorite holiday dessert. Registration is free. Contestants must enter by 12/16/20 at 11:59:59 PM (ET). Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per member for the Promotion Period.
5. SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) winner per contest/day will be selected in a random drawing on the following day of each contest from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor or its designee, the judges in this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding. Winner will be notified by Facebook messenger at sponsor discretion.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: Sweepstakes Prize:
A. Lights on the Lake Ticket: Retail value of prize is $20
B. Lights on the Lake Ticket: Retail value of prize is $20
All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
7. GENERAL: Prizes will be mailed to each winner. If prize notification is unanswered by 12/30/20, prize may be forfeited, or an alternate winner may be selected. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion agencies nor their employees will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Promotion or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. Winner acknowledges that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Promotion. By entering this contest, you are giving AmeriCU the right to post your photos on the AmeriCU Facebook page and Instagram page.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided that a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
10. For names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by 12/28/2020 to: 2020 Lights on the Lake Contest, Attn: Marketing Department Winner’s List, 4957 Commercial Drive, Yorkville, New York 13495.
11. SPONSOR: AmeriCU Credit Union, 4957 Commercial Drive, Yorkville, New York 13495.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.