What are you saving for?
No matter what your goals are, AmeriCU provides you with the right financial services to live life, dream big, and achieve financial success. Whether you’re saving for a rainy day, a new home, your child’s future, a dream vacation, holiday gifts, or anything else – AmeriCU has the savings options you need. Our friendly, local staff is here to help you get started saving today! Find an AmeriCU location or apply online!
- Share Savings
- Youth Savings Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Share Certificates
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) for High-Deductible Health Plans
- Retirement Savings Accounts (IRAs)
- Holiday Club Accounts
- Vacation Club Accounts
Tips from AmeriCU Experts
6-Month Share Certificate – 4.00% APY*
18-Month Share Certificate Special – 4.50% APY**
*Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) current as of 03/13/23 and are subject to change without notice. Minimum balance of $1,000 required. Withdrawals of principal are subject to early withdrawal penalties. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the initial term of the account. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Membership eligibility is required. Insured by NCUA. **At the end of term this will auto-renew to a 12-month share certificate at the prevailing rate.
AmeriCU Saving Accounts
Saving for your future – whether for a planned purchase or an unexpected expense – our Share Savings is a safe place to let your money grow. And it’s where your membership with AmeriCU begins.
- Earn dividends, compounded and paid monthly, when you maintain a daily balance of $50 or more.
- $0.01 minimum to open
Members must keep at least one penny in a Share Savings Account to maintain AmeriCU membership.
We support our youngest members and encourage them to start good savings habits at an early age.
- Earn dividends, compounded and paid monthly
- Stars and Stripes Savings Account available for children age 0-12.
- Rising Stars Savings Account for teens 13-17
- One penny minimum to open
Money Market Accounts
Need great rates, flexibility and higher earning potential? Choose AmeriCU’s Money Market. Featuring:
- No minimum balance
- Tiered dividend rates (as balances increase, so does the rate)
- Earn dividends, compounded daily and paid monthly
- Unlimited additional deposits
Money Market Accounts are deposit accounts that pay interest based on current interest rates in the money market. These are a great, low-risk choice for building your emergency fund or storing extra cash. They offer better interest rates than personal savings accounts and are more liquid than certificates of deposit (CDs) or share certificates.
Enjoy great rates, a wide variety of terms, and the freedom of investment flexibility with AmeriCU Share Certificates, our highest yield deposit option. Whatever your savings needs, AmeriCU has a Share Certificate for you.
- Terms range from 60 days to 60 months
- Earn dividends, compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Great rates!
Share Certificates are a savings certificate with a fixed term and interest rate, and can be issued for any amount (above the minimum deposit required). Access to the funds is restricted until the maturity date is reached.
Open a Share Certificate Today!
Retirement Savings Accounts (IRAs)
Enjoy a variety of investment options to meet long, medium or short-term retirement needs with an AmeriCU IRA. Benefits include:
- Great rates
- Increased contribution limits
- Catch-up contributions for people who turn 50 before the end of the taxable year
- Increased portability of assets between various plan types
IRAs are one of the best savings tools available today. More people than ever before are now eligible to take advantage of the incredible tax advantages available through IRAs. Special federal tax laws mean that, generally, earnings within Traditional IRAs are not taxed until they are distributed. Earnings within Roth IRA and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts generally are not subject to federal taxes. Even better, Traditional IRA contributions are tax-deductible for many people! Over time, these special tax features can result in significantly more savings than typical savings accounts.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Savings account available to qualified members (anyone enrolled in a High Deductible Health Insurance plan).
- Make tax-deductible contributions into your single or family account
- Accumulate tax-deferred earnings and withdraw funds tax-free for qualified medical expenses
- Account balances of $25 or more earn dividends
- Funds roll over from year to year (and help establish a long-term investment alternative)
- Debit card and ATM access
Holiday + Vacation Clubs
A great savings option for you when you have a specific goal. Our holiday and vacation savings shares are very popular!
- Earn dividends, compounded and paid monthly, when an average daily balance of just $50 is maintained.
- No monthly or per transaction service charges.
- Unlimited deposits, with no pre-set amounts.
More from AmeriCU
Open an Account Today!
- Proof of Identity (like your driver’s license)
- Proof of Residency (if your address isn’t the same as your driver’s license)
- $0.01 initial deposit.
Most Accounts feature: Online & Mobile Banking, Direct Deposit, fee-free ATM access for members, eStatements & Account Alerts.
Dedicated to Education!
AmeriCU provides financial education and wellness to our members of all ages. In 2018, AmeriCU dedicated hundreds of hours conducting youth education classes for our local schools and colleges, and seminars in our communities. Learn more about AmeriCU’s financial education.
Make an Appointment
Make an appointment with an AmeriCU Member Relationship Advisor to open an account, apply for a loan or a credit card, service your account, or simply get your questions answered! Click here to schedule your appointment.